Intermediate District 287 North Education Center
Intermediate District 287, New Hope, Minnesota
New 157,500 square foot education facility.
The Award-winning North Education Center (NEC) is a special facility designed for unique learners. Serving students from early childhood through grade 12, the facility supports successful learning outcomes for students with a wide range of special education needs. A demountable wall systems creates a highly customizable and flexible space that can be easily adjusted to meet shifting needs. NEC is considered a premier facility for the delivery of innovative specialized services.
TSP engaged staff and administration in the design process to craft a facility solution that eliminates distractions that can inhibit learning while simultaneously maintaining safety and security for staff and students and also supporting the interactions that impact better learning outcomes.
- Outstanding Design, Specialized Facility, 2013 Architectural Portfolio, American Schools & University
- 2013 Excellence Design Award, Environmental Design and Construction
- Outstanding Design, Special-Needs Interiors, 2013 Educational Interiors Showcase, American Schools & University
- 2012 Choice Award, Minnesota Construction Association
- Top Projects of 2012, Finance & Commerce