For decades, Ron Mielke led a double life. For 52 years, he has been a valued team member at TSP, Inc., serving in multiple capacities. Ron also had a second career with the U.S. Army, U.S. Army Reserve, and the U.S. Air Force/South Dakota Air National Guard.
When the firefighters assigned to Sioux Falls’ oldest station at Ninth Street and Minnesota Avenue look out the front doors, they see businesses in every direction. When Central Fire Station opened in 1912, however, multi-story mansions lined the surrounding streets. The neighborhood has changed, but the mission remains the same: to protect city residents from the destruction a fire can cause. That is the same mission facing the firefighters who are serving the city in Sioux Falls’ newest facility: Fire Station 12 at 3300 S. Faith Ave., just east of 41st Street and SD Highway 11.
TSP was no stranger to Watertown when it opened an official office in 2017. TSP’s long history of partnering with Watertown clients stretches to the mid-1950s and the firm’s work on religious and education projects. TSP-designed local buildings include Holy Name and Immaculate Conception Catholic churches, Prairie Lakes Cancer Center, the Watertown Event Center, and the South Dakota National Guard’s Brig. Gen. Ernie Edwards Readiness Center.